Food For Your Face | Chamomile
Part of the daisy family, chamomile is known for its gentle and soothing properties. A popular ingredient in herbal remedies, skin care and tea, just the smell of chamomile alone has been shown to improve relaxation levels. So, pour yourself a cup of tea, get comfy and let’s talk chamomile!
5 Food Facts
1. Chamomile can be used to treat a wide range of issues from skin irritation, muscle pain, to insomnia.
2. Packed with antioxidants, chamomile tea can help protect against free-radical damage and help to accelerate cell regeneration.
3. Chamomile tea helps to calm your nervous system and relax nerves, making it the perfect drink to have before bed.
4. Take you tea obsession to the next level and use the brew as a final rinse after washing your hair to help soothe scalp irritation and eliminate dandruff.
5. Chamomile’s anti-inflammatory properties make the tea a popular herbal remedy for treating topical skin concerns like sunburn or wounds.
5 Fun Facts
1. In Ancient Rome, chamomile was used as a healing salve to treat wounds.
2. There are different types of chamomile however the German variety is the most popular, being the preferred option for teas and herbal remedies.
3. In Ancient Greece, chamomile was believed to be a cure for kidney stones.
4. Chamomile essential oils are popular in aromatherapy practices and utilised to improve mood and alleviate stress.
5. Ancient Egyptian cultures used chamomile as an offering to the sun god Ra. And during the process of mummification. A true all-rounder!
Face the Facts: Chamomile in Skin Care
In skin care, chamomile is a gentle ingredient that is perfect for treating sensitive skin. The anti-inflammatory properties help soothe redness by treating the underlying inflammation that is causing the irritation. Chamomile is also anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, making it a useful ingredient to treat active acne. The soothing nature of chamomile also helps to calm pain from sunburn and comfort the skin.
If you are suffering from sensitivity or rosacea, chamomile is a gentle and soothing product that you can incorporate into your skin care routine to help calm any redness or inflammation you may be experiencing.
Struggling to find a skin care routine that works for you? We suggest booking an appointment with a trained beauty therapist who can assess your skin needs and prescribe a customised home care routine for you. Find your closest Eminence spa here.
Featured Chamomile Products
Explore our skin care range today to find the perfect chamomile product for your skin. Every ingredient is organically grown and handpicked from our beautiful organic farm in Hungary to ensure you are using only the best products on your skin.