Kombucha skin care for luminous skin
Are you noticing breakouts, dry patches, dull skin or redness? Your skin microbiome could be to blame. Your microbiome is an invisible layer of billions of living microorganisms that is instrumental in protecting your skin barrier and contributing to skin health. When this is out of balance, the skin barrier is compromised which, in turn, results in a struggling complexion.
Read on to find out how you can take care of this important living community and which products help it to thrive.
Kombucha Microbiome Collection: the key to luminosity
Compromised skin appears dull, dry, red and reactive. It is often a result of environmental stressors (UV, pollution, climate) and lifestyle factors (sleep, stress, diet). Over-cleansing and stripping the skin of its natural oils can also compromise the skin barrier, making your skin susceptible to irritation.
The key to a healthy skin microbiome is maintaining a balance of both good and bad bacteria. So, when it comes to the skin’s microbiome, how do we achieve the right balance? A daily regimen containing probiotic skin care products helps restore and maintain the equilibrium between bacteria living on the skin. Additionally, using probiotics topically can help protect the moisture barrier of the skin, helping it stay healthy with balanced hydration levels.
Our Kombucha Microbiome Collection contains four products that are formulated to comfort the skin and support the microbiome’s natural balance. The collection visibly replenishes and supports the moisture barrier with pre, pro* and postbiotics to reveal an even and healthy-looking complexion.
- Aids the skin’s natural repair processes
- Helps the skin to appear more luminous and healthy
- Support the skin’s natural microbiome
- Replenishes the skin’s moisture barrier
Watch our Lead Skin Care Trainer, Natalie Pergar, explain how to use the Kombucha Microbiome Collection and how to balance the skin microbiome.
Key ingredients in the Kombucha Microbiome Collection
Formulated with kombucha, gentle botanicals and pre, pro* and postbiotics, the Kombucha Microbiome Collection is designed to balance the skin microbiome for a healthy-looking glow. Key ingredients in this collection include:
- Pre, Pro* And Postbiotics: Pre, pro* and postbiotics help maintain the skin’s natural balance. Prebiotics are fuel for the good bacteria on your skin’s surface. They give probiotics energy and allow your microbiome to flourish. Probiotics are good bacteria that support the skin’s moisture barrier. Small but mighty, probiotics* work on the skin’s surface to visibly renew your complexion. Postbiotics are metabolites left behind by probiotics that leave skin looking refreshed.
- Kombucha: Kombucha ferment is derived from fermenting black tea. There are many kombucha benefits for the skin. This superfood is rich in postbiotics and nourishes the skin microbiota, improving the appearance of skin smoothness, luminosity and radiance.
- Ginger Root: Ginger root is an antioxidant that invigorates the appearance of the skin.
- Jasmine Flower: Jasmine flower is a botanical that nourishes the skin, relieves the look of redness and soothes dryness.
- White Tea: Rich in antioxidants, white tea helps maintain healthy-looking skin and combats dullness, encouraging a glow.
- Supporting Botanical Extracts: The botanical extracts in this collection help minimise redness in the skin and are rich in antioxidants to add protection from environmental stressors.
Now that you’re familiar with the key ingredients, here is a breakdown of each product in the collection.
Kombucha Microbiome Foaming Cleanser
Using a harsh cleanser can strip the skin and leave your healthy microbiome compromised. Using a gentle cleanser like the Kombucha Microbiome Foaming Cleanser is ideal for your skin barrier as it removes impurities from the skin without drying it out. Kombucha, white tea and jasmine leave your skin feeling refreshed and balanced while the inclusion of pre, pro* and postbiotics also balance the skin microbiome to maintain the health of the skin barrier. This cleanser is suitable for all skin types.
Simply pump a small amount into the palm of your hand, apply it to the skin and massage it in a circular motion. You can apply this product to your face and neck. Then rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
Kombucha Microbiome Balancing Essence
Has your skin lost its natural radiance? If you have a compromised skin barrier, you may notice skin luminosity decreasing. After cleansing, you can apply the Kombucha Microbiome Balancing Essence which is formulated with pre, pro* and postbiotics to enhance the skin’s luminosity. This essence primes the skin for all the products to follow in your skincare routine. In addition, the formula also contains white tea and jasmine flower to soothe dry skin and create a healthy-looking glow.
After cleansing, dispense a small amount of the essence into your hands or on a cotton pad. Apply by pressing it into the skin until fully absorbed and leave it on.
Kombucha Microbiome Luminosity Serum
Further illuminate dull skin with the lightweight Kombucha Microbiome Luminosity Serum. This serum is designed to even out skin tone and boost luminosity. Kombucha, white tea, ginger and jasmine combine with microbiome-friendly pre, pro* and postbiotics to unveil a renewed, illuminated complexion. Use daily for a smooth, luminous, healthy-looking complexion. This serum is suitable for all skin types.
Apply two to three drops on the skin and allow 30 seconds for the product to sink in. Leave on and apply other serums if desired.
Kombucha Microbiome Leave-On Masque
Apply the Kombucha Microbiome Leave-On Masque to strengthen the skin barrier and soothe and repair dry skin. You’ll love the rich, creamy texture formulated with pre, pro* and postbiotics as well as ginger to lock in moisture. Ideal for all skin types, this mask provides both soothes and hydrates a dry complexion and also helps your skin to appear visibly renewed, hydrated and healthy looking.
The Kombucha Microbiome Leave-On Masque is a no-rinse mask so you can leave it on! Apply the mask to the entire face, neck and décolleté areas evenly and gently massage until absorbed. If you prefer, you can wipe the mask off after ten minutes, or you can leave it on all day or night. Use it three times a week or as needed.
*Does not contain live probiotic cultures.
Shop the Kombucha Microbiome Collection for visibly renewed, luminous skin.