It’s hard to resist staying in the hot shower just for a little longer during winter but have you started noticing your skin feeling tight or itchy afterwards? This is your skin screaming out for a little attention and a big moisture kick! While our faces get lavishly treated to combat winter dryness, what about the rest of our skin? Our bodies need some tender loving care too. A body massage is a perfect way to nourish your skin and with our list of Top 5 Massage Oils, all you need to do is… kick back, relax and enjoy!
1. Almond Oil
Sweet almond oil is one of the most popular massage oils. Absorbed rapidly, it glides smoothly over your skin. For lovers of a long massage, almond oil is a clear winner with a slower absorption rate than Jojoba oil so less reapplying is required. For people with nut allergies, Apricot Oil is a close alternative.
2. Apricot Kernel Oil
For sensitive, inflamed or dry skin, apricot kernel oil is your best choice. It is non-irritant, soothing oil that absorbs easily and quickly spreads over your skin, making it suitable for massaging infants and children. Similar to almond oil, apricot oil is rich in vitamin E, vitamin A and essential fatty acids. If you are experiencing that dry, itchy feeling after showering use this oil before towelling your skin dry.
3. Sunflower Oil
Rich in Vitamin E, sunflower oil acts as an emollient, trapping moisture inside skin cells for longer lasting hydration. It also helps to shield your skin by forming a protective layer against environmental damage. It’s perfect for massage, being non-greasy and readily absorbed by your skin.
4. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is another favourite massage oil, and its anti-bacterial properties can aid numerous skin allergies and issues. Specifically, this is the best oil for people with problem skin and acne as Jojoba oil most closely resembles your body's natural oils.
5. Grape Seed Oil
Grapeseed is a light and thin massage oil that feels rich, glossy and silky on your skin without being greasy. High amounts of linoleic acid, means grapeseed is good for oily skin as it can assist in preventing clogged pores. Grapeseed oil is also rich in vitamins, minerals and proteins.
Whichever oil you choose, try to buy organic and good quality oil to gain the full benefit of its skin-loving properties. At Eminence Organic Skin Care, we combine some of these beautiful natural oils to give your skin a truly nourishing and pampering experience. Our favourite organic massage oils are:
Apricot Body Oil
- Apricot Kernel Oil: high in Vitamins A, C and E with skin softening properties, assists the skin in retaining the look of elasticity, clarity and suppleness
- Grape Seed Oil: rejuvenating and restructuring qualities, moisturizes, reduces the look of lines and wrinkles
- Jojoba Oil (Biodynamic®): nourishes and hydrates with one of the best absorption rates
- Seabuckthorn Oil: vitamin and nutrient rich; protects skin cell membrane
- Pomegranate Seed Oil: polyphenol-rich with high levels of antioxidants (even higher than green tea)
- BioComplex™: an antioxidant booster of Vitamin A, Vitamin C Ester, Vitamin E, Coenzyme Q10, Alpha Lipoic Acid
Mimosa Champagne Massage Oil
- Apricot Kernel Oil: high in vitamins A, C and E with skin softening properties, assists the skin in retaining the appearance of elasticity, clarity and suppleness
- Mimosa Orange Oil: softens the look of skin; nutrient-rich
- Grape Seed Oil: antioxidant; emollient; source of bioflavonoids; rejuvenating and hydrating
- Sunflower Seed Oil: protective, rich in vitamins A, D and E
- Jojoba Oil (biodynamic): nourishes and hydrates with one of the best absorption rates
- Seabuckthorn Oil: vitamin and nutrient-rich; protects skin
- Pomegranate Oil: polyphenol-rich with high levels of antioxidants (even higher than green tea)
Aside from the benefits to your skin’s hydration, massages are fantastic for your body and soul. Winter is a time when your well-being can use the boost, and a relaxing and de-stressing massage won’t fail to deliver. But if the idea of lying semi-naked in winter makes you shiver; here are some more good reasons to be brave and peel off!
• Massage improves your circulation, increasing blood flow to muscle and tissue.
• Massage warms your tissues and reduces stiffness and soreness.
• Massage stimulates your body’s overall lymphatic system.
If you are lucky enough to have an in-home masseuse, shop online our luxurious Eminence massage oils. Or for a professional treatment and body massage, visit your nearest Eminence Organics Spa where they will tailor the products and massage style to suit your individual needs.
Got another fav massage oil? Share it with us below: