Now that most of us are back to work and have the silly season behind us, our skin may be looking a little worse for wear. Luckily I have a treat for you today, a simple at home detox facial you can perform yourself, with one basic starter kit. Word of warning, this kit contains a HOT masque, if you have sensitive skin I recommend the Rose Collection Tube instead. Simply go to our website, purchase our Detox Collection Tube and follow the simple steps below.
This facial is best performed at your basin in the bathroom. Be extra careful to not to get any water in the product jars as this will make the product go off very quickly, especially the Pear and Poppy Seed Microderm Polisher.
Summer Party Season Detox Facial
for salon perfect skin at home!
Cleanse: Citrus Exfoliating Wash. Mix a pea sized amount with a little water to get the product moving. Move the wash around your face in a circular motion and remove with face cloth and warm water. Repeat if desired
Exfoliate: Pear and Poppy Seed Microderm Polisher. Mix with some water in your hands to get the exfoliant moving and easier to use. Move in circular motion around your face for a minute or two. Remove with face cloth and warm water
Stimulate: Lime Stimulating Masque. Mix 1:1 with water in your hands and apply to face and neck
Note: This masque is HOT, it will make you go bright red, don’t panic it’s just your blood coming to the surface of the skin. This is the detoxification step that will leave your skin clear and bright, allow an hour or two to let all the pink go down. Leave on the skin for 10 minutes, remove with face cloth and warm water
Masque: Pink Grapefruit Vitality Masque. Mix 1:1 with water in your hands and apply to face and neck. Leave on the skin for 10 minutes and remove with face cloth and warm water
Serum: Couperose C Serum. Three drops for face and neck. Leave on
Moisturiser: Sour Cherry Whip Moisturiser. Pea sized amount for face and neck, apply to skin and leave on (if you need to change the texture of the cream add a drop of water)
To recover more than just skin…
It’s probably not just your skin that needs attention. I have researched the best tips to help put a spring back in your step to face 2012 head on!
- Get back into your normal exercise routine
- Start Yoga, learn to meditate or try a new class you’ve been meaning to last year
- Try a detox body wrap
- Boost your system with vitamins such as B Group vitamins, Vitamin C, Dandelion Root or St Mary’s Thistle. All of these help breakdown alcohol and support and restore liver function
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables, and keep meat light sticking to fish and chicken mostly after heavy meals over the Christmas period. Better still, go vegetarian for January
- Have at least a week off alcohol after New Year’s Eve, giving your liver time to recover
Drink plenty of water and enjoy 2012 with a bounce! x