The pretty pomegranate is one of those fruits that immediately make you think health and vitality – its rich red skin bursting with more than 600 plump juicy seeds. The good news is that you too can enjoy radiance and beauty from this superfood, which is packed with health and skin benefits. This article will make you wonder why pomegranates are not a regular feature on your shopping list or at least in your makeup bag!
5 Food Facts: Pomegranate
- Pomegranates can boost your immunity. High in Vitamin C (nearly 50% of your daily recommended amount) and dietary fibre, pomegranates can assist your body to fight the nasties during flu season.
- Pomegranates can aid your digestion. Being a rich source of soluble and insoluble fibre, pomegranates help your digestive regularity and improve your blood’s circulation, contributing to its digestive benefit. Also low in calories, pomegranates are a winner for weight management.
- Pomegranates can assist in protecting your heart. Pomegranates can reduce the clotting of your blood, by improving the blood flow around your heart and in turn reducing your chance of stroke and heart disease.
- Pomegranates can help inflammation. The anti-inflammatory properties of pomegranate aids people with conditions from asthma to arthritis.
- Pomegranates are full of potent antioxidants. Pomegranates are a 21st century superfood, being nutrient dense and high in free radical fighting antioxidants.
5 Fun Facts: Pomegranate
- There are over 760 varieties of pomegranate found worldwide.
- The word pomegranate comes from the Latin word ‘pomum’ meaning ‘apple’. Many believe it was the pomegranate that tempted Adam in the Garden of Eden.
- Pomegranates date back to 1000 BC, found buried with Egyptian pharaohs in their tombs.
- In Japan, pomegranate plants are often used for bonsai trees because of their twisted bark.
- With high levels of antioxidants within its skin, pomegranates are one of the few fruits that retain all their health benefits when juiced.
Face the Facts: Pomegranate
The beauty benefits of this Grecian Apple make it popular in cosmetic products and natural skin care. Pomegranate helps to hydrate your skin and improve your connective tissue. The abundance of Vitamin C leaves your skin with a healthy glow - enhanced further by the ellagic acid found in pomegranates which reduces collagen breakdown, making your skin look more plump and radiant.
Pomegranates are also great at fighting skin inflammation from conditions like acne and the antioxidants can help combat sun damage and the overall appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Cranberry Pomegranate Sugar Scrub
With natural sugar cane to melt away dryness and roughness, your skin is then moisturised with vitamin-rich cranberry and pomegranate, to leave your skin looking lustrous and radiant.
Save with our July Offer – save 40% on body products. Normally $74.00 now only
Blackberry Pore Refining Serum
Blackberry, pomegranate and blueberry combine to act as a gentle astringent to tighten and refine pores in this deeply penetrating non-oily hydrator for all skin types.
Try one of our pomegranate products or double up on your body products with up to 40% off regular prices this month. By before 31 July and you will also be rewarded with a gift of a Coconut Sugar Scrub travel tube valued at $35!
HURRY OFFER ENDS 31 JULY: Buy 2 body products and receive a Gift with Purchase + FREE postage
How do you use Pomegranates? Got a favourite Pomegranate recipe you would like to share?