Chicory – Organic Skin Care & Food For Your Face
Feeling a bit exhausted by the hectic festivities of Christmas? Instead of reaching for a coffee, why not try a caffeine-free herb – Chicory. Chicory has a lot to offer both your body and skin. And the good news? Even when you use it as a natural caffeine-free coffee substitute, it retains all of its health loving properties. Cuppa anyone?
5 Food Facts: Chicory
- Chicory is a nutritional powerhouse, containing Vitamin K, A, C and a long list of the B group Vitamins. It is also a good source of minerals like manganese, copper, iron, and potassium.
- Chicory strengthens your immune system. It’s all about the vitamins, especially many essential B-complex groups of vitamins such as folic acid, pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine (vitamin B6) and thiamine (vitamin B1), niacin (B3). Chicory leaves are even a good source of calcium.
- Chicory can aid anxiety and insomnia. It’s the lactucin in Chicory that is thought to have a mild sedative effect, easing anxiety and helping insomnia.
- Chicory is beneficial for digestion, the circulatory system and the blood. Chicory contains prebiotics that maintain a healthy digestive tract.
- Chicory contains inulin, which helps diabetics regulate their blood sugar levels. It’s the combination of insulin and high fibre content that helps to reduce glucose and LDL-cholesterol levels.
*Note – if you are pregnant or breastfeeding you need to consult your doctor about consuming chicory.
5 Fun Facts: Chicory
- Chicory is one of the oldest recorded plants, thought to have originated in ancient Egypt.
- The Chicory Plant has purplish-blue flowers that open and close at exactly the same time each and every day.
- There are two main variations of Chicory, the type of chicory used for a coffee replacement (Cichorium intybus) and the kind of chicory known as endive (Cichorium endivia).
- For hundreds of years, the paste from Chicory leaves has been used as a herbal remedy to treat skin inflammation.
- When preparing for cooking, the leaves of young plants are used as pot herbs and cooked like spinach. For leaves of older plants, they are blanched and used like celery.
Face the Facts: Chicory
At Eminence Organics, it’s the root of the Chicory we treasure. Chicory is one of the key ingredients in our Natural Retinol Alternative Complex.
Our powerful Natural Retinol Alternative Complex contains chicory root oligosaccharides and tara tree which works to boost your skin’s collagen while smoothing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Experience immediate lifting and tightening with the Natural Retinol alternative in the following Eminence Organics products:
Bamboo Firming Fluid Concentrate 35ml
Veil your skin in strengthening bamboo and hydrating coconut which join forces in this active age corrective fluid. Skin looks and feels instantly tighter and lifted with a natural retinol alternative.
Coconut Age Corrective Moisturiser
Collagen boosting moisturizer that nourishes and hydrates ageing skin – your skin feels instantly tightened and lifted.
Coconut Firming Body Lotion
Firm and tighten skin from head to toe with this incredible anti-ageing body moisturiser.
Firm Skin Targeted Treatment
Quickly tighten skin and target the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
Or grab on of our limited edition Mini Gift Sets or Age Corrective Starter Set, its great value and packed full of yummy products – a perfect way to introduce your skin to Eminence Organic Skin Care.
Must Have Minis Gift Set
Must Have Minis Gift Set, containing:
- Stone Crop Gel Wash – Size: 1 x 30ml
- Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant – Size: 1 x 28g
- Stone Crop Whip Moisturizer – Size: 1 x 15ml
- Bamboo Firming Fluid – Size: 1 X 10ml
- Neroli Age Corrective Eye Serum – Size: 1 X 8ml
Age Corrective Starter Set
Age Corrective Starter Set
- Monoi Age Corrective Exfoliating Cleanser 30ml
- Bamboo Age Corrective Masque 15ml
- Bamboo Firming Fluid 30ml
- Coconut Age Corrective Moisturizer 15ml
- Neroli Age Corrective Eye Serum 15ml
Say hello to softer, brighter and less-lined skin by trying one of our Natural Retinol Alternative Complex products, loaded with collagen-loving chicory!
Are you a Chicory Chick? Share with us how you use Chicory.