Food For Your Face Friday : Bamboo
Known as the King of Forest Vegetables, bamboo has flourished in the forests of China for more than 2,500 years. Aside from being delicious, the nutritional content of bamboo ranks it in the top five most popular healthcare foods in the world. Being the fastest growing plant on the planet, bamboo is also a renewable and sustainable resource. So, no need to wrestle a panda to get your hands on these health and wellbeing benefits!
5 Food Facts: Bamboo
- Bamboo shoots are good for your heart, with phytosterols and phytonutrients working to dissolve cholesterol and improve the movement of blood supply throughout your body.
- Bamboo shoots strengthen your immune system. Packed full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, bamboo can strengthen the body from the inside out.
- Bamboo is known to have weight loss benefits, as well as improving appetite and digestion. It has the perfect combination of being low in fat and calories while maintaining high fibre and potassium content.
- Bamboo can assist in preventing cancer. According to Japanese scientists, bamboo shoots contain anti-cancer agents so by incorporating them into your diet helps to eliminate the free radicals that produce carcinogens.
- Used for centuries in folk medicine to treat infections, bamboo’s anti-inflammatory properties assist in wound healing.
5 Fun Facts: Bamboo
- There are almost 1500 species of bamboo found across the world.
- With a structure stronger than steel, bamboo is widely used for construction and manufacture.
- Bamboo flowers are very rare, with some types of bamboo only flowering after 65 or 120 years.
- When a bamboo species finally flowers, then every plant across the world of that same species will too – all at the same time no matter where it is growing!
- Bamboo actively works to clean the air and decrease greenhouse gases, releasing 30% more oxygen into the atmosphere than other plants.
Bamboo Firming Fluid Concentrate 35ml
Veil your skin in strengthening bamboo and hydrating coconut which join forces in this active age corrective fluid. Skin looks and feels instantly tighter and lifted with a natural retinol alternative.
Bamboo Age Corrective Masque
Treat your skin with this age repairing masque. See the results you can achieve by using the most powerful anti-aging technology available in natural and organic skin care.
Guava & Bamboo Age-Defying Moisturiser
Elasticity and hydration are returned to your skin through the strength of bamboo, loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and proteins – the result is strong, healthy skin.
100% Bamboo Shopping Sak
Love the environment like us?
Then grab your own bamboo shopping bag, made from 100% bamboo fibre!
Softer than cotton and with a similar feel to silk or cashmere, the bamboo fabric is anti-bacterial – perfect for sensitive skin and the environment.
This Christmas, why not experience the very best in organic skincare?
Tell us what bamboo products you use. Are you a bamboo beauty?