Food For Your Face | Carrots
You might have grown out of believing that carrots will help you see in the dark, but these crunchy veggies may still surprise you. Whether you like your carrots steamed, fried, baked, pureed, or even just raw, the health benefits make it a must-have on your plate and face. Bugs Bunny was onto something after all! Keep reading to discover more about the wonderful world of carrots.
5 Food Facts
1. A single carrot provides more than 200% your daily Vitamin A requirement.
2. Beta-carotene converts Vitamin A in your liver. Inside your retina, Vitamin A then converts to rhodopsin, a pigment that helps improve your vision.
3. Speaking of beta-carotene, the deeper the orange colour, the more beta-carotene you get!
4. Carrots promote healthy teeth and gums, balancing out the acid in your saliva and cavity forming bacteria to help prevent tooth damage.
5. The Vitamin A in carrots help assist your liver in flushing out toxins alongside reducing bile and fat inside the liver.
5 Fun Facts
1. Carrots can be traced back about 5,000 years through historical documents and paintings where they were originally grown for medicinal purposes.
2. It wasn’t until the 17th century that carrots got their famous orange tone. This appeared when a Dutch carrot grower invented the variety in a way to honour the Dutch Royal Family.
3. While carrots may improve your eyesight, the urban legend around carrot’s ability to help you see in the dark started during WW1. This was circulated by the British RAF to explain why their gunners were so successful at shooting down German planes in the night in an effort to conceal their use of radar technology.
4. Eating large quantities of carrots is good for you, until it’s not… Too many carrots can sometimes cause a person’s skin to turn a yellowish-orange.
5. While crunching on a raw carrot may be a great snack, they are actually more nutritious when cooked as our bodies can digest them more easily.
Face the Facts: Carrots in Skin Care
This crunchy super-food is good for you inside and out so don’t just limit carrots to the dinner plate! The high level of beta-carotene is rich in antioxidants, making carrots a free radical fighting powerhouse! This helps reduce the cell damage done to the body through regular metabolic processes. The antioxidant action helps fight free radicals to slow down the ageing of your skin’s cells, protect from sun damage, reduce dryness, and helps even out the appearance of skin tone. Carrots also act as a strong antiseptic to help prevent infection and treat skin conditions like pimples, acne, rashes, and dermatitis.
Ready to incorporate some carrot into your skin care routine?
Featured Carrot Products
Explore our skin care range today to find the perfect carrot product for your skin. Every ingredient is organically grown and handpicked from our beautiful organic farm in Hungary to ensure you are using only the best products on your skin.