It happened with milk and now its yoghurt’s turn to explode into the market with flavour, diet and packaging options. Walking down the diary aisle you find a dizzying array of yoghurt choices; low-fat, non-fat, light, frozen, soy, lactose-free, Greek, creamline, active, heat-treated, goats milk, drinkable, sundae and fruit added – there is something for every taste.
When meaning for probiotic translates to ‘for life’, it’s no wonder as we become more conscious of what we put into our bodies; yoghurt remains high on our shopping list!
5 Food Facts: Yoghurt
- Yoghurt contains important nutrients such as protein and calcium. Like milk, yoghurt is loaded with vitamins and minerals that contribute to your overall good health.
- Yoghurt with active cultures can improve digestive health. Found in some yogurts, probiotics are the good bacteria that balances the micro flora in your gut, aiding digestion.
- Yoghurt can lower the risk of high blood pressure. Special proteins in yogurt and dairy can regulate your blood pressure while the calcium, magnesium, and potassium levels help lower it.
- Yoghurt can help recovery after workout. Grabbing a cup of yogurt within 60 minutes of exercise provides protein for your tired muscles and carbs for an energy boost. Take note, Greek yogurt has nearly twice the protein of traditional varieties.
- Yoghurt can aid your immune system. Increasing your yogurt consumption can activate your T cells, responsible for fighting illness and infection.
5 Fun Facts: Yoghurt
- Yoghurt has been on our menus for over 5,000 years with the first yoghurt believed to be discovered by accident, when nomadic tribes carried milk in goatskin pouches.
- Any mammal that produces milk can make yoghurt, including goat, sheep, water buffalo, yak or even camel!
- Yoghurt doesn't cause cavities – even the low-fat, light, and fruit flavours.
- Yoghurt is a natural brass cleaner. Simply wipe over with a damp cloth and then polish with some yoghurt until shiny!
- Eating yoghurt has been shown to improve bad breath.
Face the Facts: Yoghurt
Dating back to ancient India, yoghurt is known as a natural moisturiser for dry skin and a revitaliser for dull skin. It’s the high lactic acid content which gently exfoliates the top layers of skin that makes your skin glow after using yoghurt-based skin care.
Yoghurt is perfect for clearing blemishes, uneven skin tone and reducing fine wrinkles that exist on the epidermis or top skin layer. Using Eminence Organic products, we combine yoghurt with other natural ingredients known for their skin-loving properties.
Let your skin shine this summer in 3-steps using our yoghurt-filled Clear Ski Probiotic Collection.
STEP 1: Cleanse using Clear Skin Probiotic Cleanser
Cleanse and clarify problem skin with the cooling and detoxifying properties of cucumber and tea tree oil. Moisturise with sweet almond milk and exfoliate with yoghurt to eliminate the signs of acne without stripping the skin of hydration.
STEP 2: Apply Clear Skin Probiotic Masque for 10 minutes
Say goodbye to problem skin and hello to a radiantly clear complexion with clarifying and calming ingredients. Cooling cucumber tones and revitalizes skin while refining yoghurt works to exfoliate and eliminate the signs of acne so your skin will glow with newfound confidence in no time.
STEP 3: Finish with Clear Skin Probiotic Moisturiser
Detoxify and clear problem skin without irritation or clogged pores with this ultra-light daily moisturiser. Cucumber and tea tree help prevent acne and reduce inflammation while healing probiotics exfoliate and soothe the complexion.
Eminence Organics’ entire range of face, skin and body products are proudly paraben, sulphate, mineral oil and petroleum free. We look to nature for the source of our active ingredients, making them so good you can eat them!
Let us know which type of yoghurt you enjoy, full-fat, non-fat or some other kind? We would love to know what you think, leave a comment below and share your thoughts with us!