Sedums or Stonecrop plants look good from the moment they start growing to when they bloom in August, earning them the name of ‘Autumn Joy’. This hardy succulent is a gardener’s favourite as it can tolerate harsh conditions and continues to look fresh and fabulous all season long. Lucky for us, Stonecrop can help us do the same with its skin-loving properties!
5 Food Facts: Stonecrop
Although parts of the stunning Stonecrop are ingestible in small quantities, it is more commonly used in traditional herbal medicine for its ultra-healing properties.
- The leaves of most Stonecrop plants are edible, occasionally being used as a salad leaf or herb due to its sharp and peppery taste.
- Therapeutic uses include taking Stonecrop for coughs and high blood pressure.
- The intense succulent nectar is used to heal bumps, nicks and even warts!
- When used topically, the plant extract can work as a local anesthetic and increase blood flow to the skin.
- Stonecrop has also been used to treat eczema and skin irritations.
5 Fun Facts: Stonecrop
- There are over 400 varieties of the Sedum Stonecrop family.
- The Stonecrop gets called some other odd names including are bittercress, welcome-home-husband-be-thee-ever-so-drunk, live forever, Wall Ginger, Mousetail, Bird's Bread, Jack-of-the-Buttery and Creeping Tom.
- The plant can be found growing wild in almost all of Europe, Asia and North Africa.
- Stonecrop is becoming more popular than grass for green rooftops because its water-filled succulent leaves are more fire resistant.
- The genus name for Stonecrop is from the Latin term ‘to sit’, likely referring to their low-spreading nature.
Face the Facts: Stonecrop
An ancient beautifying succulent similar to Aloe Vera, Eminence harnesses the power of this mountain cactus in our Stone Crop Collection. Besides hydrating and nourishing your skin, Stone Crop has the fantastic ability to correct pigmentation and heal your skin.
Hungarian beauty treatments have been incorporating this incredible ingredient for decades; for calming sensitive and rosacea prone skin, for treating damaged and dry skin and even for lightening skin.
Stone Crop Gel Wash
The Stone Crop Gel Wash is delicate gel cleanser for face and eyes. Succulent oil-free plant extracts perfectly deep cleanse without any drying effects.
Stone Crop Hydrating Gel
Gives skin instant moisture without shine or clogged pores. The powerful succulent cactus juice of Stone Crop leaves your skin with a smooth matte finish. Soothes, and helps to reduce the appearance of skin discolouration, fine lines, wrinkles and the signs of new or old blemishes.
Stone Crop Masque
One of our all-time favourite masques, it excels in increasing the moisture content of all skin types, leaving the skin radiant and more youthful looking. Delicate skin is soothed and cooled. Oily to dry skin is normalized and the appearance of skin discolouration is minimised. Great for all skin types!
Stone Crop Whip Moisturiser
Our Stone Crop Whip Moisturiser reinforces the potent properties of stone crop with a wonderful moisturiser. A natural succulent used for centuries as a first-aid plant, stone crop reduces and minimizes the signs of irritation and promotes the prevention of pigmentation on dry skin gently without stimulation. Science and time-proven tradition are combined for this potent and effective moisturiser.
Stone Crop Serum
Stone Crop is an intense protective hydrator to relieve the visible signs of aging and skin discolouration from environmental factors. Stone crop will soothe and cool the skin while you enjoy the super antioxidant benefits of this nourishing nectar. Achieve smooth, even and hydrated skin that looks years younger with regular use.
Stone Crop Body Lotion
Even out the appearance of years of environmental wear and tear while moisturising your skin with this body lotion for freckled and fatigued skin. Stone Crop, a natural succulent used for centuries due to its many beneficial properties, moisturises and assists in the return of skin that appears soft, supple and radiantly replenished.
With so many fantastic products in our Stone Crop Collection, the Stone Crop Tube is a great way to try them all! Filled with all your favourites, including Stone Crop Gel Wash, Stone Crop Hydrating Gel, Stone Crop Masque, Stone Crop Whip Moisturiser and a full-size Stone Crop Serum.
Also, this month Eminence has offers across body products as well as serums and masques. Buy any of these and you receive a free 15ml sized product, perfect for travelling!
Do you have a variety of Stonecrop growing in your garden?