What’s tiny, red, tart-tasting and a powerhouse of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins? Red Currants!
Not commonly on the menu due to their tart flavour, the red currant should not be cast aside. Get creative by adding them to your smoothies, juices or sauces to make the most of the health benefits crammed into this little red berry.
5 Food Facts
- Red Currants are full of antioxidants.
Regularly eating a few red currants can help detoxify your body and eliminate disease causing free radicals.
- Red currant are a rich source of vitamin C.
This helps boost the immune system and maintains the general health of your body.
- Eating red currant berries has many therapeutic benefits.
Red currants have been found to prevent epileptic seizures in chronic patients and even known to prevent gum disease and tooth decay!
- Red currant tea makes a healthy substitute for coffee.
Tea made from the dried red currant leaves is shown to relieve the symptoms of gout and arthritis.
- Red currant can be helpful when dieting and exercising.
Red currants are great low-calorie source of fibre. They can also increase your level of perspiration, helping remove toxins from your system.
5 Fun Facts
- Red currants are one of over 150 species belonging to the botanical family Ribes genus, which also includes black currants and gooseberries.
- Other names for the current include Johannisbeere (German), Ribes (Danish, Swedish, Italian), Groseille (French) and Bes (Flemish).
- The most significant historical source of cultivation of currants was within Russia during the 11th century when they were grown in monastery gardens, towns and settlements.
- In England, the common name for the red currant was ‘ribes’, until 1550 when it was called currant because of its resemblance to the Greece’s dried currant raisins made from small grapes.
- White currants are simply albino versions of red currant plant.
Face the Fact: Red Currant
Harnessing the antioxidant power of red currants, Eminence Organics is thrilled to be releasing a new collection in our Organic Skin Care Range – Youth Shield.
Our Youth Shield skin care products contain the active ingredients of red currant, elderflower and magnolia bark. These all work together in our 100% organic formula to balance and protect the skin while it fights the dreaded free radicals that cause fine lines and wrinkles.
As the collection name suggests, Youth Shield is about winning the battle against free radicals to win the battle against aging! Made up of five products, you will find the perfect product for your skin within the Youth Shield range:
Using the properties in the red currant, the Youth Shield Collection minimises inflammation, repairs sun damage and enhances the overall health and texture of your skin. If you are looking for skin elasticity, skin vitality and skin hydration – the Youth Shield Collection delivers!
We are excited to bring the beautiful Youth Shield Collection to Australia and showcase the wonderful skin benefits of the red current. The Youth Shield Collection is available for ordering online or from our Spa Partners now.
To view more organic, chemical free, preservative free and handmade skin care products from Eminence, please see our website or visit our one of our exclusive Spa and Salons around Australia.
What red currant based product in the Youth Shield Collection are you looking forward to trying out?