Grapes have pleased our palates for more than 8,000 years with the delectable berry eaten by the handful or consumed in jelly, jam and juice – not forgetting wine of course! Whether you choose red, green, black, purple, yellow or the seedless variety, each is bursting with flavour and healthy grape goodness!
5 Food Facts: Grapes
- One cup of grapes weighs in with about 100 calories, providing more than a quarter of your daily recommended amounts of vitamins K and C.
- Grapes are good for your bone health as they contain nutrients such as copper, iron, and manganese which strengthen bones. We especially love manganese because it also assists with collagen formation!
- Grapes contain flavonoids, very powerful antioxidants that can reduce the damage caused by free radicals and in turn slow down the ageing process.
- Red grapes are particularly high in antibacterial and antiviral properties, protecting you from infections. Grapes actively work against the herpes simplex virus, so munching grapes is especially beneficial during winter months when your chapped lips are prone to cold sores.
- Grapes contain two powerful compounds, pterostilbene and resveratrol. Studies have found these work at reducing cholesterol, impeding cognitive decline (Alzheimer’s) and preventing breast cancer.
5 Fun Facts: Grapes
- Grape vine roots found in China date back to before the great ice age.
- There are more than 8,000 grape varieties from about 60 species.
- It takes just over a kilo of grapes to produce enough juice for one bottle of wine.
- Ironically while drinking red wine can cause migraines, grape juice and grape seed extract is a remedy for them!
- Grapes are loved globally, being cultivated on all of the earth's continents except Antarctica.
Face the Facts: Grapes
The list of amazing minerals, vitamins, nutrients found in grapes is a mile long, with research revealing it positively benefits your cardiovascular system, immune system, inflammatory system, respiratory system, nervous system, blood sugar regulating system. So it’s really no surprise to find grapes are a key ingredient in so many of our Eminence products.
Tokay Ice Wine Grapes are a key ingredient in our Hibiscus Instant Line Filler and Hibiscus Ultra Lift Eye Cream. We harness the higher concentration of antioxidants found in the seeds and skins of grapes to work on reducing fine-lines and wrinkles, enrich and firm your skin’s texture, while the healing properties of grapes work to soothe and calm the most sensitive skin types.
Hibiscus Ultra Lift Eye Cream
The cooling, stainless steel rollerball applicator massages hibiscus and ice wine actives into the areas around the eye, appearing to instantly tighten and lift the skin.
Hibiscus Instant Line Filler
With an innovative curved tip applicator, this Advanced Instant Lift fX treatment with botanical peptides smooths, firms and tightens to diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
Want to buy a bunch of grape-infused skin care? This month’s special offer makes it easy and affordable. Simply browse our online store and with any full-sized Eminence product purchased you will receive a gift of two free samples.
For a personal consultation or treatment, you can find Eminence organic skincare and body products in our exclusive Spa and Salons around Australia.
Enjoy this great offer or any of our Eminence skin care range, knowing all ingredients come from nature and are free from chemicals or artificial additives.
Check out our bonus recipe for Non-alcoholic Sangria Punch or share your own below: