Although it’s good to keep on hand in case of annoying vampires, this ancient herb has a lot more to offer! Well known for its wide range of medicinal benefits, it is consumed worldwide mainly in cooking because its ability to transform a simple dish into a taste sensation.
A nugget of garlic is nutritional gold, see how eating it can better your health and bring a new glow to your skin!
5 Food Facts: Garlic
- Garlic strengthens your immune system, helping you fight off coughs and colds.
- Garlic is a great source of vitamin B6, which can assist in managing mood swings. We suggest odourless garlic so people will want to stay around to share your cheery mood!
- Garlic is noted to aid in the prevention of multiple types of cancer, including bladder, prostate, breast, colon cancer and stomach cancer.
- Garlic regulates blood sugar by enhancing the level of insulin in your blood, and may assist in the control of diabetes.
- Garlic contains diallyl disulphide, a compound 100 times more effective in treating bacteria-borne digestive problems than other antibiotics (found in a Washington State University study)
5 Fun Facts: Garlic
- Garlic is one of the oldest cultivated crops and believed to give strength; it was fed to the builders of the Great Pyramid in Egypt.
- While it’s great to keep away mosquitoes; garlic actually attracts leeches who will attach to a hand covered in garlic 3 times faster than a clean one!
- The city of Chicago gets its name from garlic, with 'Chicagaoua' being the Indian word for wild garlic.
- Garlic is a member of the lily family but it is often called the ‘pungent rose.’
- During the First World War, garlic was used as an antiseptic against gangrene.
Face the Facts: Garlic
Garlic has long been used for its anti-bacterial and cleansing properties, with the secret being a powerful compound called allicin. It is this that makes garlic one of the most antioxidant-rich foods around. Garlic also has anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and immune boosting properties, making it a perfect ingredient to use in products that treat blemishes, problem skin or acne.
Clear your complexion using some of our popular Eminence Organics Tomato and Garlic products, where we combine the amino acids of tomatoes with garlic for a powerful oil-fighting combination that will leave your complexion cleansed and glowing!
Rich in tomato and odourless garlic, this Eminence Organics Tomato Oil-Control Gel is a active daily hydrator that treats and minimises the appearance of blemishes while reducing your skin’s oiliness.
Blemish targeting ingredients such as Hawthorn Berry helps with soothing and calming sensitive skin, while the beta hydroxyl acids of tomato revitalise, leaving your skin feeling smooth, refreshed and clear.
Eminence Organics uses a powerful combination of these key ingredients to work together in giving you a glowing complexion.
- Tomato: antioxidant; revitalizes the look of skin
- Hawthorn Berry: antioxidant, high in bioflavonoids, and vitamin C
- Odourless Garlic: antioxidant; source of sulfoxides, vitamin C and B6
- Field Pumpkin: rich in enzymes, beta-carotene, amino acids, and antioxidants
- Seabuckthorn Berry: vitamin and nutrient-rich antioxidant
- Jojoba Oil: supports and hydrates with one of the best absorption rates
- Lavender: heals dry skin and restores moisture
Eminence Organics’ entire range of face, skin and body products are natural, handmade and do not contain artificial colours, fragrances or genetically modified ingredients. We are proudly paraben, sulphate, mineral oil and petroleum free. We look to nature for the source of our active ingredients, making them so good you can eat them!
Try adding garlic to your skin regime or treat yourself to a personal consultation at an exclusive Eminence Organics Spa and Salon which are located across Australia.
Ever tried the old folk remedy of eating a honey-dipped clove of garlic at the first sign of a cold? Tell us if it worked!